- Visits to or use of the website(s) www.belgiqa.com owned by Belgiqa NV and/or the accompanying disclosure of your personal data (such as filling in the contact form, sending an email, making a phone call, registering for our newsletter, etc.)
- Use of our products or services (such as through our online shop)
- Interaction with Belgiqa NV through other sales or marketing channels (such as personal meetings or appointments, trade fairs, social media, etc.)
2. WHO PROCESSES THE PERSONAL DATA?
2.1 Data Controller
Belgiqa NV acts as the data controller, determining the purposes and means of processing for your personal data. Belgiqa NV can be contacted as follows:
- By post to: Belgiqa NV, Hogeweg 245, 8930 Menen, Belgium
- By phone at: +32 56 51 79 60
- By email to: info@Belgiqa NV.be
- Through the website: www.belgiqa.com
2.2 Data Processor
Belgiqa NV may make use of external data processors. Data processors may process your personal data at the request or instruction of Belgiqa NV, which is obliged to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal data.
3. WHAT DATA IS PROCESSED?
Belgiqa NV asserts that it only collects and process data that is relevant or necessary in relation to the purposes for which this is processed. Depending on these purposes, Belgiqa NV processes the following categories of personal data (non-exhaustive):
- Your name, email, telephone and address information (identification)
- Your home decorating interests, characteristics of your home and which products or services are of interest to you
4. ON WHAT LEGAL GROUNDS IS THE DATA PROCESSED?
Belgiqa NV processes your personal data on the following legal grounds:
- To be able to perform our contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- Belgiqa NV’ legitimate interest in being able to help you with our products or services
5. FOR WHAT PURPOSES IS THE DATA PROCESSED?
Belgiqa NV processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Provision of a secure, optimal and personalised user experience and service
- Management of our contractual relations with you, including quotes, invoicing and the provision of support or service
- Keeping you informed of any special offers, promotions, deals and similar.
6. WHO ARE THE DATA RECIPIENTS?
Excepting any processors acting exclusively upon the instruction of Belgiqa NV and our partner companies Belgiqa NV and Woodconstruxx, Belgiqa NV processes your personal data ourselves and for our own internal use. Your personal data shall not be sold, forwarded or shared with third parties without your explicit prior consent.
Belgiqa NV has also implemented suitable legal and technical measures to prevent unauthorised access to or use of your personal data.
7. HOW LONG IS DATA STORED?
Belgiqa NV retains your personal data as long as this is necessary for or relevant to the intended purposes, for the legally mandatory period, or as long as there is the potential for legal dispute or investigations relating to the products or services supplied by Belgiqa NV.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
8.1 Right to be informed
8.2 Right of access
You are always entitled to verify the accuracy of any processing performed on your personal data and to request that Belgiqa NV inform you of the purposes of the processing, which categories of your personal data are processed, with which categories of recipients your data is shared, the retention period for the data and the rights you may exercise.
You also have the right to request a copy of your processed personal data from Belgiqa NV. This copy will be provided to you free of charge unless in the case of an unreasonable or exceptional request. In such cases Belgiqa NV may charge an administration fee.
8.3 Right to rectification
You have the right to rectify inaccurate data or amend incomplete data, simply by requesting this of Belgiqa NV.
8.4 Right to erasure
You have the right to request that Belgiqa NV delete your personal data if there are no longer legitimate grounds for Belgiqa NV to process this data. You may exercise this right in the following cases:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary to achieve the intended purpose
- You prove that your data is unlawfully processed by Belgiqa NV
- There is a legal obligation to remove your personal data
- You withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data and there are no other legal grounds to process your data
- You successfully exercised your right to object (see item 8.6)
However, Belgiqa NV reserves the right to reasoned refusal of your request for erasure and cannot be held liable for the fact that deleted personal data may remain stored somewhere temporarily, invisibly to us.
8.5 Right to restrict data processing
You have the right to demand that data processing be restricted in the following cases:
- You question the accuracy of personal data processed by Belgiqa NV and Belgiqa NV has been granted a reasonable period of time in which to verify the accuracy of the personal data
- You prove the unlawfulness of the processing by Belgiqa NV and request a restriction
- Belgiqa NV no longer needs the data, but you do still need it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- You exercise your right to object (see item 8.6)
8.6 Right to object to processing
You are always entitled to object to the processing of your personal data for ‘direct marketing’ purposes. Belgiqa NV will stop processing your personal data unless it can present compelling grounds that outweigh your rights and freedoms. If this is the case you will be informed of the fact.
8.7 Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain the data provided to Belgiqa NV with your consent in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to reuse this data for other services, transfering it to another data controller, unless this is not possible for technical reasons.
8.8 Right not to be subjected to automated decision-making
You have the right not to be the subject of a solely automated decision, taken without human intervention, if this has legal or similarly significant effects on you. Belgiqa NV asserts that you are not currently subjected to such automated decision-making during any of the processing performed by Belgiqa NV.
9. HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS?
To exercise your rights, submit a written request and proof of identity to Belgiqa NV by one of the following methods:
- By registered post to: Belgiqa NV, Hogeweg 245, 8930 Menen, Belgium
- By email to: email@example.com
10. WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
11. HOW CAN YOU MAKE A COMPLAINT?
In case of a specific complaint concerning the processing of your personal data, we ask you to first contact us directly by one of the methods described under Section 9 to enable us to resolve the issue.
Additionally, you are always entitled to submit your complaint to the competent data protection authority using this link.
13. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION